Dr. ZS Meharwal
MBBS, MS, MCh.
Director and Coordinator – Cardiovascular Surgery
Cardiac Surgeon- 32 Years of Experience
Dr Z. S. Meharwal is Director and Coordinator of Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. He is part of the founding team of Doctors at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He did his M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery) and M.Ch (Cardiothoracic Surgery) from King George Medical College, Lucknow. He has worked as Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at prestigious King’s College Hospital in London.He has more than 25 years of experience in cardiac surgery with over 20,000 surgeries to his credit, including complex cardiac procedures.
- MBBS – King George’s Medical School, Lucknow
- MS – King George’s Medical School, Lucknow
- MCh. – King George’s Medical School, Lucknow
- E.C.F.M.G Certificate
- Member – Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons
- Member – Cardiological Society of India
- Member – Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery, Director & Coordinator- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road , currently working
- Cardiothrocic Surgery, Consultant- KGMC – Lucknow
Awards and Achievements
- Performed Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery on 94 year old patient which is the oldest patient to undergo coronary artery bypass operation.
- Citation award by Former President of India, Mr A P J Abdul Kalam
- Initiated the DNB teaching programme in Cardiovascular Surgery