Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty
MBBS, MS – General Surgery, Fellowship
Chairman & Senior Consultant – Cardiac Surgery
Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon, Cardiac Surgeon- 32 Years of Experience
Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty is the Chairman of our Company, and also an Executive Director. He is a cardiac surgeon with around 34 years of experience. After completing his MBBS from the University of Mysore in 1978, he registered with the Karnataka Medical Council in 1979. Thereafter, in 1982, he received a master’s degree in surgery from the University of Mysore. In 2009, he was granted a fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He founded our Company in the year 2000. He initiated the concept of “micro health insurance scheme” in Karnataka, which eventually led to the Karnataka government implementing the Yeshasvini scheme, a micro health insurance scheme for rural farmers.
Dr. Shetty is a professor at Rajiv Gandhi University of Medical Sciences, Bengaluru, India and University of Minnesota Medical School, USA. He is the recipient of a number of awards and honours most noteworthy being ‘Padma Shri’ and ‘Padma Bhushan’ Award in 2003 and 2012 respectively, conferred by the Government of India and the ‘Rajyotsava Award’ in 2002 conferred by the Government of Karnataka.
- MBBS – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- MS – General Surgery – Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Fellowship – Royal College of Surgeons
- Cardiac Surgery, Chairman & Senior Consultant- Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bommasandra , currently working
- Cardiac Surgery, Senior Consultant- Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, Consultant- BM Birla Hospital, Kolkata
Awards and Achievements
- Padma Bhushan for Medicine, 2002
- Karnataka Ratna, 2001
- Entrepreneur of the Year by ET Awards, 2012