Dr. Vijay Kant Dixit
MBBS, MD – Radiology, Fellowship – Ultrasound
Director – Interventional Neurocardiology
Neurologist, Neuro Radiologist, Interventional Radiologist- 23 Years of Experience
he Director of the Interventional Neurocardiology department in Fortis Hospital, Gurgaon, Dr. Vijay Kant Dixit has over 18 years of experience in his field. Previously, Dr. V K Dixit was associated with the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences. He completed MBBS and M.D. in Radiology from J.N medical college, AMU, Aligarh, and underwent training as a senior resident in Neuroradiology at AIIMS during 1993-1995, where he decided to opt the subspecialty of Neuroradiology. Subsequently, he developed a special interest in Interventional Neuroradiology.In addition to his educational qualifications, Dr. V K Dixit has done his Fellowship in Ultrasound from Vienna, Austria and in Neuro intervention from U.K. Dr. Vijay Kant Dixit has performed more than 10,000 cerebral and spinal angiograms and about 2000 Neuro-interventions including around 1,400 aneurysm coiling.
- Medical School & Fellowships
- MBBS – —-
- MD – Radiology – —-
- Fellowship – Ultrasound – Vienna, Austria
- Fellowship – Neuro Intervention – UK
- Senior Resident in Neuroradiology at AIIMS during 1993-1995.
- Subsequently he developed a special interest in Interventional Neuroradiology and proceeded for clinical attachments at Oxford and Newcastle in England during the years 1999-2000.
- He is practicing Interventional Neuroradiology as a full time specialty for last 16 years.
- Life Member ISNR (Indian Society of neuroradiology)
- Life Member DNA (Delhi neurological Association)
- Life Member IMA (Indian medical Association)
- Member : Austrian Medical Society
- Brain Aneurysm coiling
- AVM and AVF Embolization
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting
- Acute Stroke interventions
Awards and Honours
- A number of scientific presentations to his credit at national and International congresses.
- Interventional Neuroradiology