Dr. Dilip Raja
MBBS, MS – General Surgery, FICS
Senior Consultant – Urology
Urologist, Andrologist- 32 Years of Experience
Dr. Dilip Raja is a practicing Urologist and Andrologist for more than 30 years at Mumbai, India. He is a Gold Medalist and recipient of various scholarships during his under and post-graduate training. He has been trained extensively in his speciality at St. Peter’s Hospital at Leuven, Belgium, Mayo Clinic, USA and at Australia.Dr. Dilip Raja has done pioneering work in the field of treating kidney stone patients by Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL). He has large experience in treating stone patients with all the modalities like Per-Cutaneous Lithotripsy (PCNL) and ureterorenoscopy (URS) as a complete management of stone disease. He is also one of the first few urologist and Andrologist to start newer technologies like Electro vaporization of Prostate, Penile Implants, Microsurgery in Urology etc. in India. Endo – Urology, Stones, Prostate, Impotence and Urinary Cancers are his all time favorites.Dr. Raja has a large number of national and international publications to his credit. He has delivered many guest lectures, conducted surgical workshops and has been instrumental in setting up kidney units at national and international levels. Dr. Dilip Raja has his clinic at Dr. Raja’s Urology & Andrology Centre, Bandra. At present he is a senior consultant Urologist and Andrologist at Lilavati Hospital, Saifee Hospital, Wockhardt Hospital & Breach Candy Hospital.Dr. Dilip Raja visited as a Urologist & Andrologist at – Mombassa & Nairobi, Kenya, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania & Mauritius and is also visiting Dubai, UAE as a Specialist Urologist.
- MBBS – Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital, Mumbai, 1980
- MNAMS – Urology – National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), 1984
- DNB – Urology/Genito – Urinary Surgery – National Board Of Examination, 1988
- MS – General Surgery – University Of Calcuta, India, 1983
- FICS – Medical College, Calcutta, 1985
- Member – Mumbai Urology Society
- Member – Urology Society of India
- MNAMS – National Academy of Medical Sciences, 2000
- Member – American Urology Association
- Member – Endo Urology Association, USA
- Member – Association of Surgeons of India
- Member – Socie`te` Internationale d`Urologie
- Training in Stone Diseases – Germany
- Training in Microsurgery – Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Training in Endo-urology, Urinary Malignancies, Impotence and Urinary Incontinence – Mayo Clinic,USA
- Training in Infertility – Australia
- Urology, Senior Consultant- Wockhardt Hospital, South Mumbai , currently working
- Urology, Senior Consultant- Lilavati Hospital, Bandra , currently working
- Urology and Andrology, Owner- Dr. Raja’s Urology & Andrology Centre , currently working
- Urology, Consultant- Fortis Hospital, Mulund , currently working
- Urology, Consultant- Breach Candy Hospital
- Urology, Consultant- Saifee Hospital, Girgaon , currently working
Awards and Achievements
- Gold Medal at M.S. Exam, Calcutta University 1983.
- Dr. Anungo Mohan Sen Memorial Gold Medal from Association of Surgeons of India 1983
- Dr. A. K. Nandy Post Graduate Research Scholarship in Medical Sciences for 1981-83 from Calcutta University.
- Godrej Karai Surgical Research Fellowship from1981-82 from Association of Surgeons of India.
- Rameshwardas Birla Smarak Kosh Scholarship for research project at Bombay Hospital in 1985-86.
- Urological Surgeon