Dr. Ashok Rajgopal
MBBS, MS – Orthopedics, MCh – Orthopedics
Executive Director & Chairman – Bone & Joint Institute
Orthopedist – 35 Years of Experience
Email : email@example.com
Dr. Rajgopal is an extremely prolific surgeon and a coveted member of several bodies of knee surgeons who have dedicated their careers to advancing the techniques of knee surgery.
Trabecular Metal implants are the latest cementless implants which are being used routinely by Dr. Rajgopal. TM, as it is populary referred to, possesses a high strength to weight ratio with mechanical properties capable of withstanding physiological loading. Its compressive strength and elastic modulus are more similar to bone than other prosthetic load bearing materials.
- Medical School & Fellowships
- MBBS – AFMC, Pune, 1974
- MS – Orthopedics – AIIMS, New Delhi, 1979
- MCh – Orthopedics – University of Liverpool, 1983
- Fellowship – International Medical Sciences Academy
- Fellowship – Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, 2010
- Indian Orthopaedic Association Life Member
- Indian Arthroplasty Association Life Member
- Indian Arthroscopy Society President
- International Medical Science Academy Awarded Fellowship
- I S A K O S Active Member
- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society Founder Secretary, Past President
- General Medical Council (UK) Permanent Registration
- Indian Hip and Knee Society Founder member Vice-president and President Elect
Awards and Honours
- Dr. Ashok Rajgopal was awarded the Padmashri by H. E. The President of India on the eve of our 65th Republic Day on 25th Jan, 2014
- Dr Rajgopal has been awarded the Honorary FRCS by the Royal College of Surgeons 11 Mar,2010
- Bharat Shiromani Award for the year 2008-2009 for professional excellence in the field of Orthopaedics
- Knee Surgery” a book edited by Dr. Ashok Rajgopal was released at the AAOS (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons) meeting in New Orleans, USA on 12th March 2014,
- Dr Ashok Rajgopal has also published several articles in international journals and chapters in Orthopaedic textbooks.
- He is on the editorial board of the KSSTA (Knee Surgery Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy).
- He has chaired several orthopaedics conferences both in India and abroad.