Dr. Vivek Marwah
MBBS, MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Diploma in Operative Pelviskopie – Christian
Head & Senior Consultant – Div. of Minimally Invasive Gynaecology
Gynaecologist- 29 Years of Experience
Dr. Vivek Marwah pioneered the advent of advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgery in Northern India. Was the first to introduce the concept of Operative Microhysteroscopy in India.
Dr. Marwah established a Unit of Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 1990, the first of its kind in India dedicated to Gynae. Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopy surgery. He is heading the Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecology at Max Super Speciality Hospital which is the first centre in India to be recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and Surgical Review Corporation (USA).
- MBBS – Govt. Medical College Jabalpur, India
- MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology – Govt. Medical college, Jabalpur India
- Diploma in Operative Pelviskopie – Christian – Albrechts¬Universitat, Kiel, Germany
- Diploma in Operative Pelviscopy – Bielefeld – Universitat, Frauenklinik, Germany
- Kurs for Operative Laparoscopy – European Surgical Institute, Hamburg, Germany
- Diploma in ART – Bielefeld – Universitat, Frauenklinik, Germany
- Life member – International society Gynaecological Endoscopists.
- Member – Americal Association of Gynaecologic Laparoscopists
- Life member – Association of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Delhi
- Life member – IMAGES
- Member – Endoscopy Committee of the FOGSI
- Life member – Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists
- Life member – Indian Academy of Human Reproduction
- Course in Reproductive Medicine -Eberhard- Ka r I s – Universitat, Tubingen, Germany
- Course in IVF – Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
- Course de FIV – Universitaire de Tours, Tours, France
- Director, Division of Minimally Invasive Gynecology at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi from 2010.
- Head and Senior Consultant, Unit of Gynae. Endoscopic Surgery at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi 1999-2009.
- Senior Consultant Gynae. Endoscopic Surgeon at Holy Family Hospital, Sunder Lal Jain Hospital, NMC Noida, Escorts Hospital Faridabad.
- Registrar at Bombay Hospital Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai 1990-1992.
Awards And Achivements
- Beat the Guinness World Record by removing 3.9 Kg Uterus Laparoscopically in 2009.
- Was awarded the ” Kurt Semm award for Excellence in Pelviscopy ” by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists during the Global Congress on Gynecologic Endoscopy; Orlando, USA. November. 2000. First Indian to receive this prestigious award.
- Laparoscopic management of Severe Endometriosis / Rectovaginal Endometriosis
- Fertility enhancing laparoscopic surgery.
- Laparoscopic management of early-stage malignancies of the cervix, body of uterus and ovary.
- Use of Concept of Minimal Energy in Minimally Invasive Gynaecology for procedures of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Laparoscopy Myomectomy, etc., thus making it safer, less traumatic and better for the patients.