Dr. Vandana Soni
MBBS, MS – General Surgery
Associate Director- Max Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
Laparoscopic Surgeon, Bariatric Surgeon- 28 Years of Experience
Dr. Vandana Soni has been practicing Laparoscopic surgery since 1996. She worked as a Consultant in the Minimal Access and Bariatric Surgery Center at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi prior to joining Max Healthcare as a Senior Consultant Surgeon. She has worked hard with singular determination and successfully created her own niche in the field of surgery in this male dominated vertical of medicine.
- MBBS.- University College of Medical Sciences & Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital, New Delhi. A 1000 bedded multi speciality hospital.
- M.S.(Gen.Surg).- Lady Hardinge Medical College & Allied Hospital, New Delhi. One of the oldest and most prestigious institutions of our country
- Registrar at the Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kalavati Saran Childrens’ Hospital from 1995-96.
- Registrar and clinical assistant at department of Minimal Access Surgery ,Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 1996-2001.
- Consultant at Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi from 2001-2009.
- Senior Consultant at Institute of MAMBS, Max Hospital, Saket from 2009 till present.
- Life member of Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA).
- Life member of Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- Life Member of Asia Pacific Hernia Society (APHS)
- Life Member of Hernia Society of India (H.S.I.)
- Life member of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons (IAGES).
Awards And Achivements
- Sri Raja Laxmi Ramachandran Trophy for exemplary devotion to duty in 1993-94
- Best paper award titled “Endoneck Surgery”, Fourth Congress of IAGES 2000, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai.
- ‘Surgeon of Excellence’ award by Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
- Obesity & weight loss surgery (Bariatric)
- Endoscopic management of anorectal diseases including hemorrhoids, fissures, anal fistulas
- Common Surgical conditions such as:
- Gall bladder surgeryv
- Hernia surgery (umbilical, incisional, groin)
- Surgery for gastroesophageal reflux
- Appendix etc.
- Endoscopic (scarless) neck surgery for thyroid and parathyroid diseases