Dr. Urvashi Jha
MBBS, MD – Gynaecology, MRCOG
Director & HOD – Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Gynaecologist- 40 Years of Experience
Dr. Urvashi Jha is the Director & HOD of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Fortis Flt. Lt. Rajan Dhall Hospital, Vasant Kunj. She is one of the most sought doctors in her field; with an experience of more than 37 years and elite education, she has all the arsenal to make her adept at her job. Dr. Urvashi Jha completed her MBBS from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi in the year 1975. She then went on to do MD in Obstetrics & Gynaecology from the same college Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi in 1980. She also holds qualification like MRCOG from Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists from London. Dr. Urvashi Jha is the member of medical associations and societies like the Governing Council of Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, Chairman of the RCOG All India Coordinating Committee, President 2014-15 of Association of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of Delhi (AOGD) and many more. Some of the specialised services.
- MBBS – Lady Hardinge Medical College, University of Delhi, India, 1975
- MD – Gynaecology – Lady Hardinge Medical College, University of Delhi, India, 1981
- MRCOG – The Royal College of Obstetrician & Gyanecologists, UK, 1987
- FICS – International College of Surgeons Indian Chapter, UK, 1994
- FRCOG – The Royal College of Obstetrician & Gyanecologists, UK, 2004
- FIMSA – International Medical Sciences Academy, 2008
- FICOG – Indian College of Obstetrician & Gyanecologists India, 2010
- Executive Committee Member – Indian association of Gynaecological Endoscopists (IAGE), 1994
- Executive Member – National Association Reproductive & Child Health of India (NARCHI), Delh, 2012
- Executive Committee Member – AOGD, 2011
- Executive Member – Committee of the Endoscopic Committee of the Federation of Obstetricians & Gynaecology Societies of India (FOGSI), 1993
- Member – Elsevier India Pvt. Ltd.,
- Invited Member – Under the chairmanship of Dr Shantanu S Abhyankar, 2013
- Member – Delhi Gynaecological Endoscopists Society
- Member – Association of Gynaecological Oncologists of India
- Member – Indian Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology
- MRCOG & Training work experience at Hope Hospital & Salford Royal Hospital, Manchester – —-, 1987
- Minimal & Natural Access Gynae & Gynae Cancer Surgery (MNAGCS), Gynae Robotic Surgery (GRS) – Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Director & Head- Fortis Hospital , currently working
- Institute of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Director – Max Hospitals, New Delhi & NCR , 2010
- Endoscopy Committee, Chairperson – Association of Obstericians & Gyanecologists of Delhi (AOGD), , 2006
- Obs & Gynae, Senior Consultant- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi , 1996
- Gynaeoncology, Senior visiting consultant and unit II Incharge- Dharamshila Cancer Hospital & Research Centre, New Delhi , 1997
- Gynaecology & Minimally Invasive Gynaecology (MIG), Set up and Co-ordinator- PD Hinduja Hospital & Research Centre, Bombay , 1987
- Gynaeoncology, Senior consultant- PD Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai , 1982
Awards and Achievements
- Second position in the University of Delhi” 1970—Premedical examination
- Certificate of “Merit in Forensic Medicine” 1974, University of Delhi.
- Certificate of “Merit in Social & Preventive Medicine” 1975, University of Delhi.
- Certificate of “Merit in General Medicine” 1975, University of Delhi.
- The “Haksar Award” for the student who has shown the most sympathy to her patients 1975, Lady Hardinge Medical College.
- The “Lady Wellington Medal” for Social and Preventive Medicine 1975, Lady Hardinge Medical College.
- President of India—Gold Medal” for the best intern 1976, University of Delhi.
- The Eileen Dickens travelling fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, U K 1992 for advanced training in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Awarded a “Visiting Lectureship” for Sir Ernest Finch Visiting Lectureship by the Unit of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine at University of Sheffield Hospitals, UK May ‘2005
- Infertility Specialist
- Laparoscopic Surgeon