Dr. Shahid Merchant
MBBS, MD, DNB
Consultant – Interventional Cardiology
Cardiologist- 28 Years of Experience
- DM – Cardiology – University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1990
- MD – Medicine – University Of Bombay, 1986
- DNB – Cardiology – National Board Of Examination, 1989
- MBBS – University of Mumbai, Mumbai, 1983
- Fellowship In Interventional Cardiology – Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire De Rouen, 1991
- 1999 – 2016 Interventional Cardiologist at Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre.
- 1999 – 2016 Interventional Cardiologist at Saifee Hospital
- 1999 – 2016 Interventional Cardiologist at Merchant Cardiac Clinic
- 2016 – 2016 Interventional Cardiologist at Navjeevan Medical Centre.
- Member – Cardiological Society of India
- Member – French working group on Interventional Cardiology
- Fellowship – European Society of Cardiology
Awards and Achievements
- Mastered the art of treating most complex heart disease under local anaesthesia without surgery with Soluble Scaffolds, Medicated Stents, Peripheral Stents, Device Implants for heart failure patients & other interventions.
- Credit of performing more than 10,000 procedures in cath lab successfully
- First in the world to implant Soluble Stents below knee in Diabetic foot.
- Interventional Cardiologist