Dr. Nilen Shah
MBBS, Diploma – Orthopedics, MS – Orthopaedics
Consultant – Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
Joint Replacement Surgeon, Orthopedist- 24 Years of Experience
Dr. Nilen Shah A Consultant at the Department of Orthopedics & Joint Replacement at Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai, Dr. Shah has over 20 years of vast experience in his field. He has a distinctive academics, completed his MBBS from TNMC in 1986 where he received many awards like Dr. Hiranandani Entrance Prize for the highest marks amongst the new entrants at the TNMC, Bombay, Second Prize in the annual Competitive Leprosy Examination held in August 1985. He pursued his Masters from the same institute and acclaimed Bombay University Merit Scholarship for the degree of M.S., for standing First at Master of Surgery at the University of Bombay. For further specialization in his field, Dr. Shah went on to pursue training in ODTS – Royal College of Surgeons of England and M.Ch. (Orth.) – University of Liverpool, 1996. While working as a Clinical and Research Knee Fellow at Bristol, Dr. Shah gained immense hands-on experience in all aspects of knee surgery.
- MBBS – Topiwala National Medical College, Bombay, 1988
- Diploma – Orthopedics – College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bombay, 1990
- MS – Orthopaedics – Topiwala National Medical College, Bombay, 1991
- MCh – Orthopaedics – University of Liverpool, UK, 1996
- Training – ODTS – Royal College of Surgeons, England
- Orthopedics & Joint Replacement, Consultant- Wockhardt Hospital, South Mumbai , currently working
- Orthopaedics, Consultant- Global Hospital, Parel , currently working
- Orthopaedics, Consultant- Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
Awards and Achievements
- Dr. Deepak L Kothari Gold Medal & Dr. MV Sant Prize & 1st Prize in inaugural Indian Hip & Knee Surgeons meeting in 2007 on subvastus technique in Knee Replacement
- Dr. Hiranandani Entrance Prize for the highest marks amongst the new entrants at the Topiwala National Medical College, Bombay.
- Distinctions in the subjects of Anatomy, Biochemistry and Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, during the undergraduate medical career.
- Gold Medal in MS – Orthopedics University of Bombay