Dr. Bala Chandran T G
MBBS, MS – General Surgery, MCh – Surgical Gastroentrology
Senior Consultant – Surgical Gastroenterology
38 Years of Experience
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Jabalpur, 1975
- MS – General Surgery – Government Medical College, Jabalpur, 1980
- MCh – Surgical Gastroentrology – Madras Medical College, Chennai, 1995
- Fellowship – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK, 1996
- Member – Association of Surgeons of India
- Member – Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Member – Indian Association of Surgical Gastroentology
- Member – The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- 35 Years Experience in Service:
- Served in Tamil-Nadu Medical Service for 20 years.
- Worked in Madras Medical College& Govt.General Hospital,in the Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology, Chennai
- Worked as Professor in the Dept. of Surgical-Gastroenterology, Govt.Stanley Medical College&Hospital Chennai.
- Now Working as FULL-TIME CONSULTANT IN Dept. of Surgical Gastroenterology, APOLLO-HOSPITAL, and CHENNAI.
- TEACHER AND GUIDE FOR THE D.N.B(Surgical-gastro) Programme at Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
- Experience in Surgery- Operated Major Surgical operations in Hepato-biliary & Pancreatic Diseases Oesophagus Stomach Gallbladder Small and large gut Spleen Operated basic and advance laparoscopic surgery Appendix Gallbladder CBD-exploration Fundoplication Pancreas Spleen Colorectal Hernias Stapler Haemorroidectomy Trained for Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic techniques at ‘Ethicon Endosurgery Institute’, MUMBAI.
- GI Stapler training at ‘Ethicon Endosurgery’ at Chennai.
- ERCP training at ‘Asian Institute of Gastro Enterology’, Hyderabad.
- Liver Transplantation Program at ‘North Western University Hospital’, Chicago, USA.
- Observer training of GI Surgery at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Medical Sciences (SGPGI), Lucknow, UP.
Awards and Achievements
- Organizing secretary for HEPATOCON – 2001 PANCON – 2004 HPBCON – 2008 ASICON TN & P – 2005 Association of surgeon of India, TN & Pondicherry chapter, Chennai.
- Elected secretary to ASI, Chennai city branch 2003 to 2006.
- During this period conducted many Workshops, Seminars, Guest lectures and Symposia for the members of ASI.
- Conducted conferences in Apollo Hospital – COLO-RECTAL IN 2013,UPPER G.I-in 2014 and PANCREAS UPDATE in 2015.