Dr. Ankit Parakh
MBBS, MD – Pediatrics, DNB – Pediatrics
Consultant – Pediatric Pulmonology
Pediatrician, Paediatric Pulmonologist- 19 Years of Experience
Dr. Ankit Parakh is a Consultant Pediatric Pulmonology at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. He is life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics, European Respiratory Society, IMA East Delhi Branch, Delhi Medical Council and IAP Respiratory Chapter. He completed his MBBS from the University of Delhi in 2001 and MD in Pediatrics from G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 2005. He later went on to do DNB in Paediatrics from the DNB board in New Delhi. Prior to joining the BLK Super Speciality hospital, he worked for Lok Nayak Hospital; University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital; Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital and Lady Hardinge Medical College. Dr. Ankit Parakh is the member of professional medical associations and societies like Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP), Indian Medical Association (IMA), European Respiratory Society (ERS), MANMS etc. He specialises in the delivery of services like Bronchial Asthma Treatment.
- MBBS – University of Delhi, 2001
- MD – Pediatrics – G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 2005
- DNB – Paediatrics – DNB board, New Delhi, 2006
- Fellowship In Pediatric Sleep Medicine – European Respiratory Society, 2016
- European Diploma in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine – European Respiratory Society, 2014
- Post MD Registrar, Department of Pediatrics, Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi for 3 years.
- Lecturer (Consultant) in University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bhadhur Hospital, Delhi for 1 year
- Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital, New Delhi for 5 years.
- Currently, In-charge Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Asthma and Tuberculosis at the BL Kapur Super Specialty Hospital, Pusa Road, New Delhi.
- He was actively involved in teaching of undergraduate (MBBS) students and post graduate (MD) students. He also conducted research on various topics, many of which are published as articles in peer-reviewed indexed journals. He was managing the Pediatric Chest clinic and performing pediatric flexible bronchoscopy. He also established the Pediatric lung function lab in the hospital.
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Life member of the IAP Respiratory Chapter
- Member of the European Respiratory Society
- Member of Indian Medical association (IMA)
- Delhi Medical association (DMA) and IMA East Delhi Branch
- Registered with Delhi Medical Council
Awards and Achievements
- K. Sridharan gold Medal and merit award for standing first in Anatomy in the first MBBS Examination.
- Merit award for standing second in pharmacology in the college, University College of Medical Sciences in Second M.B.B.S examination 1999.
- Dr. L.V. Phatak gold Medal and merit award for highest marks in Obstetrics& Gynecology in Final M.B.B.S examination 2000.
- Merit award for standing second in Medicine in the college, University College of Medical Sciences in Final M.B.B.S examination 2000.
- Awarded the best Registrar in Pediatrics in Lok Nayak Hospital.
- Trainer of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-“Asthma Training Module” (ATM).
- Trainer of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics-Respiratory Tract Infection-Group Education Module (RTI-GEM).
- Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics National Task Force (NTF) for Tuberculosis in Children and Master Trainer of the IAP Module on Tuberculosis in Children.
- Secretary of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics Central DELHI City Branch 2015
- Vice President of the Pediatrics Respiratory Society, Delhi.
- Bronchial Asthma Treatment
- Sleep Disorder Treatment
- Lung Infections Treatment
- Interstitial Lung Disease Treatment
- Tuberculosis (TB) Treatment
- Chest Disease Treatment
- Pediatric Flexible Bronchoscopy