Dr. Raju Vaishya
MBBS, MS – Orthopaedics, MCh – Orthopaedics
Senior Consultant – Orthopaedics, Arthroscopy & Joint Replacement Surgery
Orthopedist- 35 Years of Experience
Dr. Raju is associated with the department of orthopedics, arthroscopy & joint replacement surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. Dr (Prof) Raju Vaishya is a famous name in the field of Total Joint Replacement & Arthroscopic Surgery of the joints. He completed his MBBS and post graduation from GR Medical College, Gwalior and then went on to pursue super specialist training in UK. Alongside practicing at APollo Hospitals, Dr. Raju Vaishya is also running a very successful fellowship training program for Orthopaedic Surgeons at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi for the last 15 years. He has trained more than 200 Orthopaedic Surgeons from within India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Africa & Iraq. Due to his focused interest in the field, Dr. Raju has received many awards and honors for his academic achievements. He is also president of Arthritis Care Foundation.
- MBBS – G R MEDICAL COLLEGE, GWALIOR, 1983
- MS – Orthopaedics – G R MEDICAL COLLEGE, GWALIOR, 1986
- M.Ch – Orthopaedics – Liverpool University, United Kingdom, 1990
- FRCS – General Surgery – Royal College Of Surgeons, England, 2012
- Life Member – Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Life Member – SICOT (No 17484)
- Life Member – Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA)
- Life Member – Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Life Member – Indian Arthroscopy Society of India (IAS)
- Life Member – Indian Cartilage Society (ICS)
- Life Member – Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (GAPIO)
- Life Member – Int. Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surg & Ortho Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Life Member – Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA)
- Life Member – Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of India (POSI)
- Life Member – Indian Federation of Sports Medicine (IFSM)
- Life Member – Association of British Scholars (ABS)
- Life Member – Delhi Medical Association (DMA)
- Life Member – Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOA)
- Life Member – South Delhi Orthopaedic Society (SDOS)
- Life Member – Delhi Medical Council (DMC)
- Life Member – Nepal Medical Council (NMC)
- Life Member – Bangladesh Orthopaedic Society (BOS)
- Registered – General Medical Council of UK (Full Registration, 3430460)
- Registered – Royal College of Surgeons of England (9043745)
- Life Member – India Habitat Centre, N Delhi (IHC)
- Life Member – India Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi (IICC)
- 1987 – 1991 Orthopaedic Surgeon at NHS hospitals, UK
- 1991 – 1996 Orthopaedic Surgeon at GRMC, Vaishya Clinic
- 1996 – 2015 Sr Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
Awards and Achievements
- Outstanding Young Person of Gwalior – Awarded by Junior Chamber, 1996.
- Professor‚s gold medal for the best research at Oswestry, University of Birmingham, UK (1989).
- Best Doctor of the Year’ Awarded by Gwalior Vikas Samiti in their 31st Top Ten Persons of the Year Award, at Gwalior on 26th Jan 2008.
- Distinguished service award from Geriatric society of India, 2010.
- Created a world record doing a bilateral Total Knee Replacement in a 93 years old (published in Limca book of Records, Jan 2012) and in the oldest couple in a single sitting (published in Limca Book of Records, 2013)
- Awarded the “Best paper publication award 2012, 2011 & 2009” of Delhi Orthopaedic Association
- Clinical teacher and thesis guide for post graduate students of Diplomat of National Board of India (Orthopaedics) for the last 4 years.
- Honored by IMA, Gwalior through a Citation Award for outstanding services to the society on Doctor’s day, 1st July 2010.
- ‘Doctor of the Year’ Awarded by Delhi Medical Association, 2009.
- Publications (more than 100) in international journals on various orthopedic subjects,
- Joint Replacement Surgeon