Dr. Arun Prasad
MBBS, MS – General Surgery, Fellowship
Senior Consultant – Minimal Access, GI, Thoracoscopic & Bariatric Surgery
General Surgeon, Bariatric Surgeon- 30 Years of Experience
Dr. Arun Prasad A Senior Consultant at the department of Minimal Access, GI, Thoracoscopic & Bariatric Surgery in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Dr. Arun Prasad has over 2 decades of rich professional experience in his field. Dr. Arun Prasad has treated several patients in India and gives every patient the best of medical care. Dr. Arun Prasad has published several papers in India and abroad and is a member of prestigious medical associations. He believes in promoting health awareness and following a healthy lifestyle. His compassionate patient care and lifestyle advocacy has helped several patients to recover from various disorders. As a committed doctor, he has undergone specialized training programs and has attended many conferences held across the country.
- MBBS – Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, 1983
- MS – General Surgery – G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 1988
- FRCS – General Surgery – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS), Glasgow, 1990
- FRCS – General Surgery – Royal College Of Surgeon Of Edinburgh, Uk, 1990
- 1995 – 2016 Senior Consultant Surgeon at Apollo Hospital
- 1988 – 1995 Junior Surgeon at Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
- 1985 – 1988 Resident Surgeon at Maulana Azad Medical College
- 1985 – 2018 Head of Department of Surgery at Manipal Hospitals, New Delhi
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Asia Pacific Hernia Society
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo-Surgeons (IAGES)
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association Of Cardiovascular And Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)The
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSED)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG)
Awards and Achievements
- 1st Thoracoscopic Surgery for Pulmonary Hydatid Cyst in the World. Limca book of Records
- 1st Laparoscopic surgery for cholecysto-colic fistula. Published in British Journal of Surgery
- 1st International study demonstrating the feasibility of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Published in European Journal of Surgery 1994
- Recognition from Apollo Hospital for land mark international publication on Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy Surgery.
- Recognition from Health Minister, Delhi for developing Thoracoscopic Surgery in Delhi, India.
- Prize by Indian Association ( IAGES ) for study on 3mm Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.
- Recognition by Royal College of Surgeons of London for developing Laparoscopic Training program
- Recognition by National Health Service ( UK ) for developing Laparoscopic Day Care Surgery.